One way we are more like Jesus is by overcoming temptation.
What is the Holy Spirit saying to you?
1. What desire has God put within you to be more like Jesus?
- How will you let the Holy Spirit help you overcome temptation to be more like Jesus this week?
2. Do you think of temptation as a spiritual weakness? If so why?
- Think about how you are being tempted – How does your temptation show that God is actually working in you to help you overcome it?
3. Are you filled and being continually filled with the Holy Spirit?
- Read: Acts 1:8; Galatians 5:16-26; Ephesians 5:1-21
- What evidence of being filled with the Holy Spirit is missing in your life?
4. Are you overcome by “wilderness” places?
- How can you become more aware of the Spirit’s presence with you there?
- How is God using the “wilderness” to make you more like Jesus?
5. Think about the temptation in your life. How can you begin to see it as an attack on the character of God?
- In what ways are you questioning God’s word, provision and faithfulness in your life?