The devil wants us to question our identity in Christ. In this message we add keys #4-7 to our keyring to overcome temptation.
What is the Holy Spirit saying to you?
1. How can the word of God help you to overcome your struggle with temptation?
- We all face the identity test, so according to the scriptures what is your identity in Christ and before the LORD? Make a list of identity scriptures.
2. When is your flesh the weakest making you most vulnerable to temptation?
- Read Romans 8 – what does it mean that “the righteous requirements of the law might be fulfilled in us?”
- What is the difference between living according to the flesh and the Spirit?
3. Why don’t you pray about temptation?
- When should you pray about temptation?
- Look at Jesus teaching on prayer in Matthew 6, in what ways will prayer help you overcome temptation?
4. How has the enemy brought a surprise attack of temptation following times of victory in your life?
- Why is personal will-power or determination not enough to overcome temptation
- How does acknowledging our weakness help us overcome temptation?